Dr. Balcetis is an Associate Professor of Psychology at New York University and the author of Clearer, Closer, Better: How Successful People See the World. Emily Balcetis has been described as a pioneer of the scientific investigation of behavioral science and motivation. She leads an international team of scholars, writers, artists, and advocates. In her research, she has uncovered previously unknown strategies that increase, sustain, and direct people’s efforts to meet their goals. She has authored over 70 scientific publications and books. She has appeared as a host for National Geographic and a guest on ABC, MSNBC, and others. Her TED talk has been viewed over 4 million times. She has partnered with GE, Prudential, Lean Cuisine, Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, and other organizations on principals of motivation. Her research has been supported with several large grants from the National Science Foundation and has been featured in hundreds of TV, radio, and print outlets around the world. She has received numerous awards for her work from organizations including the Federation of Association of Brain and Behavior Scientists, the International Society for Self and Identity, the Foundation for Personality and Social Psychology, and the Society for Experimental Social Psychology. She received a Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Cornell University, where she held a Sage Fellowship.
- How can we set achievable goals?
- How can changing our focus of attention improve exercise?
- Why is failing to achieve a goal not always a bad thing?
- Listen live or catch the podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud! Every Tuesday from 11am -12pm I host The Health Hub, an interactive, forward thinking talk show on Radio Maria Canada. Call, tweet or email your questions as together we explore health issues that are relevant to you from new and innovative points of view.
- TheHealthHub is now on iTunes! Subscribe and don’t miss a single episode!
- How To Listen Live Visit our website and learn how to listen live to our show each week. http://www.radiomaria.ca/how-to-listen Let us know!
- If you have a health topic that you would like us to discuss or are a health care specialist who wants to be a guest on our show let us know!Here is our email. We would love to hear from you! firstname.lastname@example.org