Dr. Stuart McGill is Distinguished Professor Emeritus (after 32 years at the University of Waterloo, Canada) who authored over 240 scientific journal papers, 4 books, and mentored over 40 graduate students during this scientific journey. Investigations in the laboratory, training centre and research clinic probed back injury and pain mechanisms, rehabilitation approaches, and performance training. As a consultant, he has provided expertise on low back injury to various government agencies, many corporations and legal firms and hundreds of professional/international athletes and teams worldwide. He is regularly referred special patient cases from the international medical community for opinion.
His books include Back Mechanic, written for the lay public with pain (also in 20 languages), Low Back Disorders, third edition (2016), written for clinicians, Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance, 2017, written for coaches and athletes, Gift of Injury (2018), a manual for rehabilitating the back-injured strength athlete.
- Why is a solution to back pain so elusive for so many?
- What are some of the myths surrounding back pain?
- Why do we need to pay attention to patterns of movement?
- Listen live or catch the podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud! Every Tuesday from 11am -12pm I host The Health Hub, an interactive, forward thinking talk show on Radio Maria Canada. Call, tweet or email your questions as together we explore health issues that are relevant to you from new and innovative points of view.
- TheHealthHub is now on iTunes! Subscribe and don’t miss a single episode!
- How To Listen Live Visit our website and learn how to listen live to our show each week. http://www.radiomaria.ca/how-to-listen Let us know!
- If you have a health topic that you would like us to discuss or are a health care specialist who wants to be a guest on our show let us know!Here is our email. We would love to hear from you! email@example.com