Cauliflower is one of the most versatile veggies out there. From pizza crust to hearty soup it seems like this crunchy wonder has endless possibilities in the kitchen!
Cauliflower is one of a group of vegetables in the cruciferous family. And when it comes to cancer nutrition, cruciferous veggies are at the top. Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound known for its anticancer benefits.
A study has also found that a compound in cauliflower called phenethyl isothiocyanate may prevent the relapse of certain cancers by killing cancer stem cells.
Add to this cauliflower’s high fiber and array of vitamins and minerals and you have one powerful veggie!
This yummy recipe is for Cauliflower Mash, a great low carb alternative to traditional mashed potatoes.
- 1 head of cauliflower divided in to florets
- ¼ cup water reserved from steamed cauliflower
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until tender. Reserve a ¼ cup of the steaming water
- Place all ingredients in to a food processor EXCEPT water
- Blend until desired consistency adding reserved water as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste