Tommy Wood MD, PhD is an, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Neuroscience at the University of Washington, where his research interests include determining how early brain injury impacts brain health across the lifespan, as well as developing easily-accessible and equitable methods with which to track health, performance, and longevity in both professional athletes and the general population. He received an undergraduate degree in biochemistry from the University of Cambridge, a medical degree from the University of Oxford, and a PhD in physiology and neuroscience from the University of Oslo. Tommy has acted as a performance consultant for professional athletes in a dozen different sports, serves as associate editor of the Wiley Journal Lifestyle Medicine, is a Director of the British Society for Lifestyle Medicine, and consults for a number of digital health companies and charities that focus on how lifestyle and the environment can affect long-term health and chronic disease.
- Are there many roads that lead to a healthy brain?
- Can we beat our genetics?
- Should we expect our brain health to diminish as we age?
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drtommywood/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrRagnar
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-wood-35b685a8/
- Listen live or catch the podcast on iTunes and SoundCloud! Every Tuesday from 11am -12pm I host The Health Hub, an interactive, forward thinking talk show on Radio Maria Canada. Call, tweet or email your questions as together we explore health issues that are relevant to you from new and innovative points of view.
- TheHealthHub is now on iTunes! Subscribe and don’t miss a single episode!
- How To Listen Live Visit our website and learn how to listen live to our show each week. http://www.radiomaria.ca/how-to-listen Let us know!
- If you have a health topic that you would like us to discuss or are a health care specialist who wants to be a guest on our show let us know!Here is our email. We would love to hear from you! email@example.com